Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
[BOINCstats] CRNabein
BAM!ID: 2477
Joined: 2006-06-22
Posts: 2
Credits: 8,396
World-rank: 1,911,623

2019-01-05 13:08:54

Bharritt wrote:

What makes Europe think they have the right to run our life over here in the USA? I think it is time for a class action suit against these idiots. Boycott all European products until these Mickey Mouse laws are done away with.


Why do you use thw internet? Remember, it was invited in Swiss, Europe, with laws you don't understand till Judement Day. Build your walls and shut up!                                                                                                                                                                                    
JohnMD
BAM!ID: 60579
Joined: 2008-10-23
Posts: 30
Credits: 70,137,497
World-rank: 9,137

2019-01-05 15:55:00

togethia wrote:

[BOINCstats Willy wrote:

Alessio Susi wrote:

I updated the privacy in Einstein@Home but I can't see the points in my signature (I have more than 74 million points for Einstein@Home...). What is the problem?

The problem is your patience. Projects export stats every couple of hours, not when you click that checkbox.

I've waited three days and still not got them back, is it my patience as well?


You're in today's export to boincstats
(some projects like Rake export only once per day)
Sigs take longer to update - no guarantees here.                                                                                                                                                                                    
ArgentSmith
BAM!ID: 88621
Joined: 2010-08-14
Posts: 2
Credits: 9,169,942
World-rank: 42,279

2019-01-10 09:13:27

JohnMD wrote:

ArgentSmith wrote:

How to check that mark on LHC*? They don't have BOINC login on their page. Also, WCG and WuProp both don't have a GDPR form. Have anyone managed to do that?

My WUProp properties start like this -

...


Thanks but it's not the answer to my question. I mean, how to mark GDPR consent on those projects/project sites. I'm completely ok with the prefs
Yours truly, Pavel.
                                                                                                                                                                                   
JohnMD
BAM!ID: 60579
Joined: 2008-10-23
Posts: 30
Credits: 70,137,497
World-rank: 9,137

2019-01-10 17:47:47

ArgentSmith wrote:

JohnMD wrote:

ArgentSmith wrote:

How to check that mark on LHC*? They don't have BOINC login on their page. Also, WCG and WuProp both don't have a GDPR form. Have anyone managed to do that?

My WUProp properties start like this -

...


Thanks but it's not the answer to my question. I mean, how to mark GDPR consent on those projects/project sites. I'm completely ok with the prefs


If you read on you will find -
"Should WUProp@Home show app hours statistics on your account data page and export statistics?"
Just tick the box.                                                                                                                                                                                    
Janus Bifrons
BAM!ID: 176926
Joined: 2014-12-14
Posts: 6
Credits: 287,444
World-rank: 404,014

2019-01-11 08:48:14

JohnMD wrote:

togethia wrote:

[BOINCstats Willy wrote:

Alessio Susi wrote:

I updated the privacy in Einstein@Home but I can't see the points in my signature (I have more than 74 million points for Einstein@Home...). What is the problem?

The problem is your patience. Projects export stats every couple of hours, not when you click that checkbox.

I've waited three days and still not got them back, is it my patience as well?


You're in today's export to boincstats
(some projects like Rake export only once per day)
Sigs take longer to update - no guarantees here.


Hi, this is also my problem at the moment. Hopefully I will get connected within the next days, although I am waiting for 3 days right now.                                                                                                                                                                                    
JohnMD
BAM!ID: 60579
Joined: 2008-10-23
Posts: 30
Credits: 70,137,497
World-rank: 9,137

2019-01-11 15:26:08

@Janus Bifrons
3 days sounds excessive.
Can you check on your relevant project/privacy settings that your wishes have been saved                                                                                                                                                                                    
Dr Who Fan
BAM!ID: 1075
Joined: 2006-05-31
Posts: 568
Credits: 68,070,724
World-rank: 9,354

2019-01-12 21:32:24

[BOINCstats Willy wrote:

Comments on the following newsitem

The following project require you to consent to exporting your statistics to stats sites. If you do not do so your data will be removed from the export and in accordance with the GDPR all your data from these projects will be removed from BOINCstats as well. This data can’t be recovered!

You need to consent before they enforce the setting in the export!

  • Albert@home *
  • Einstein@Home *
  • LHC@Home *
  • LHCathome-dev *
  • World Community Grid *
  • WUProp@Home


*Already enforced

Project owners: Please let me know in time when you add this setting so I can add your project to this list!




ADD NumberFields@home to the list:
https://numberfields.asu.edu/NumberFields/forum_thread.php?id=355
NumberFields@home: User consent required for stats export
If you want your stats exported, you will need to check the consent box on the project preferences page.



In a couple days, the stats export mechanism will be changed, and if this consent is not given, then the default will be to NOT export your stats.



Sorry for the inconvenience, but this was necessary due to the recent GDPR regulations
                                                                                                                                                                                   
IRainman
BAM!ID: 153389
Joined: 2013-10-01
Posts: 1
Credits: 391,126,961
World-rank: 2,624

2019-01-13 09:29:11

                                                                                                                                                                                   
alvintseng
BAM!ID: 26506
Joined: 2007-05-15
Posts: 1
Credits: 2,263,908
World-rank: 115,936

2019-01-14 02:08:48



I ad this setting for those projects:

Albert@home *
Einstein@Home *
LHC@Home *
World Community Grid *
                                                                                                                                                                                   
Eric Driver
BAM!ID: 189585
Joined: 2015-06-23
Posts: 6
Credits: 95,284,378
World-rank: 7,312

2019-01-25 04:55:53

Hi,

This is Eric, admin for NumberFields@home. I recently enabled the stats export, so can you add us to the list. Thanks!


alvintseng wrote:



I ad this setting for those projects:

Albert@home *
Einstein@Home *
LHC@Home *
World Community Grid *


                                                                                                                                                                                   
Cruncher Pete
BAM!ID: 34996
Joined: 2007-09-20
Posts: 158
Credits: 651,373,071,646
World-rank: 9

2019-01-25 08:22:43

I can understand that some projects are following the Law without question. What I do not understand is why they are not swamping GDPR with qustions how does this apply to users, whose name is false, users whose email addresses are false and only only created to see how much credit is recognised by the project who gives out arbitrary credit numbers that means absolutely nothing and has no monetary value or in deed no value to anybody else accept the user.

Time will sort this out for I can't. Having said that can anybody tell me why I lost 74 Million credits from my combined totals. I can not find any project that indicates a negative -74 Million.. What is the name of the project that caused this? or how do I find out?
                                                                                                                                                                                   
Tuna Ertemalp
Tester
BAM!ID: 37744
Joined: 2007-10-31
Posts: 527
Credits: 9,140,287,046
World-rank: 272

2019-01-25 15:46:25

Cruncher Pete wrote:

I can understand that some projects are following the Law without question. What I do not understand is why they are not swamping GDPR with qustions how does this apply to users, whose name is false, users whose email addresses are false and only only created to see how much credit is recognised by the project who gives out arbitrary credit numbers that means absolutely nothing and has no monetary value or in deed no value to anybody else accept the user.

Time will sort this out for I can't. Having said that can anybody tell me why I lost 74 Million credits from my combined totals. I can not find any project that indicates a negative -74 Million.. What is the name of the project that caused this? or how do I find out?



Look for missing projects, not projects missing credits. It is not that one project is missing some credits, but the project itself is missing so you are missing all of its credits. The below list is the list of projects to make sure you go to and play with the the privacy checkbox. If I had to guess, Einstein is the largest culprit.

Tuna                                                                                                                                                                                    
JohnMD
BAM!ID: 60579
Joined: 2008-10-23
Posts: 30
Credits: 70,137,497
World-rank: 9,137

2019-01-26 01:09:48
last modified: 2019-01-26 01:12:19

Cruncher Pete wrote:

I can understand that some projects are following the Law without question. What I do not understand is why they are not swamping GDPR with qustions how does this apply to users, whose name is false, users whose email addresses are false and only only created to see how much credit is recognised by the project who gives out arbitrary credit numbers that means absolutely nothing and has no monetary value or in deed no value to anybody else accept the user.

Time will sort this out for I can't. Having said that can anybody tell me why I lost 74 Million credits from my combined totals. I can not find any project that indicates a negative -74 Million.. What is the name of the project that caused this? or how do I find out?


Hej Cruncher Pete
You are famous for your voluntary commitment and contribution to so many projects. I understand your frustration.
I hear that EU has already received about 100,000 complaints of GDPR - it is being taken seriously.
GDPR has nothing to do with clients - it targets websites that hold client information.
All EU websites that hold information on a client cannot distribute this information without the client's consent.
IMHO this carpet-bombing is wide of the mark.
Its annoyance for BOINC is just a fraction of wider implications - just think of human research, clinical studies, statistical analysis, and all kinds of behavioural surrveys.
Just like EU's misplaced edict on "cookies", I believe GDPR will undergo a radical adjustment in time. For now we can only follow the rules.                                                                                                                                                                                    
Cruncher Pete
BAM!ID: 34996
Joined: 2007-09-20
Posts: 158
Credits: 651,373,071,646
World-rank: 9

2019-01-26 07:27:17

Tuna Ertemalp wrote:

Cruncher Pete wrote:

I can understand that some projects are following the Law without question. What I do not understand is why they are not swamping GDPR with qustions how does this apply to users, whose name is false, users whose email addresses are false and only only created to see how much credit is recognised by the project who gives out arbitrary credit numbers that means absolutely nothing and has no monetary value or in deed no value to anybody else accept the user.

Time will sort this out for I can't. Having said that can anybody tell me why I lost 74 Million credits from my combined totals. I can not find any project that indicates a negative -74 Million.. What is the name of the project that caused this? or how do I find out?



Look for missing projects, not projects missing credits. It is not that one project is missing some credits, but the project itself is missing so you are missing all of its credits. The below list is the list of projects to make sure you go to and play with the the privacy checkbox. If I had to guess, Einstein is the largest culprit.

Tuna
Thanks Tuna for your reply. The problem is that I can not find an active project that I was contributing to recently and all of a sudden they disappeared in my stats as the missing credits are in the combined list hence no indication which project it is likely to be. I understand that it should not be a closed project for the Stats still keep tabs of those. I went through individually in all projects that is listed in BOINCStats to ensure that I have not missed a preference that should allow exporting stats but I m not infallible and could have missed it.. The only thing I can say is there must be a better way to find out the reason for the loss than this, for I am only human and subject to error whereas Stats should be more reliable and give some sort of clue who took that loss away for at its previous report it was correct..
                                                                                                                                                                                   
JohnMD
BAM!ID: 60579
Joined: 2008-10-23
Posts: 30
Credits: 70,137,497
World-rank: 9,137

2019-01-26 07:49:26

Cruncher Pete wrote:

Tuna Ertemalp wrote:

Cruncher Pete wrote:

I can understand that some projects are following the Law without question. What I do not understand is why they are not swamping GDPR with qustions how does this apply to users, whose name is false, users whose email addresses are false and only only created to see how much credit is recognised by the project who gives out arbitrary credit numbers that means absolutely nothing and has no monetary value or in deed no value to anybody else accept the user.

Time will sort this out for I can't. Having said that can anybody tell me why I lost 74 Million credits from my combined totals. I can not find any project that indicates a negative -74 Million.. What is the name of the project that caused this? or how do I find out?



Look for missing projects, not projects missing credits. It is not that one project is missing some credits, but the project itself is missing so you are missing all of its credits. The below list is the list of projects to make sure you go to and play with the the privacy checkbox. If I had to guess, Einstein is the largest culprit.

Tuna
Thanks Tuna for your reply. The problem is that I can not find an active project that I was contributing to recently and all of a sudden they disappeared in my stats as the missing credits are in the combined list hence no indication which project it is likely to be. I understand that it should not be a closed project for the Stats still keep tabs of those. I went through individually in all projects that is listed in BOINCStats to ensure that I have not missed a preference that should allow exporting stats but I m not infallible and could have missed it.. The only thing I can say is there must be a better way to find out the reason for the loss than this, for I am only human and subject to error whereas Stats should be more reliable and give some sort of clue who took that loss away for at its previous report it was correct..


Hello again,
The problem is NOT your recent projects !
Elsewhere in this thread are named projects known to have implemented GDPR.
It is these projects you need to change - even if it's 10 years since you contributed to them !                                                                                                                                                                                    
Eric Driver
BAM!ID: 189585
Joined: 2015-06-23
Posts: 6
Credits: 95,284,378
World-rank: 7,312

2019-01-27 20:17:47

JohnMD wrote:

Cruncher Pete wrote:

Tuna Ertemalp wrote:

Cruncher Pete wrote:

I can understand that some projects are following the Law without question. What I do not understand is why they are not swamping GDPR with qustions how does this apply to users, whose name is false, users whose email addresses are false and only only created to see how much credit is recognised by the project who gives out arbitrary credit numbers that means absolutely nothing and has no monetary value or in deed no value to anybody else accept the user.

Time will sort this out for I can't. Having said that can anybody tell me why I lost 74 Million credits from my combined totals. I can not find any project that indicates a negative -74 Million.. What is the name of the project that caused this? or how do I find out?



Look for missing projects, not projects missing credits. It is not that one project is missing some credits, but the project itself is missing so you are missing all of its credits. The below list is the list of projects to make sure you go to and play with the the privacy checkbox. If I had to guess, Einstein is the largest culprit.

Tuna
Thanks Tuna for your reply. The problem is that I can not find an active project that I was contributing to recently and all of a sudden they disappeared in my stats as the missing credits are in the combined list hence no indication which project it is likely to be. I understand that it should not be a closed project for the Stats still keep tabs of those. I went through individually in all projects that is listed in BOINCStats to ensure that I have not missed a preference that should allow exporting stats but I m not infallible and could have missed it.. The only thing I can say is there must be a better way to find out the reason for the loss than this, for I am only human and subject to error whereas Stats should be more reliable and give some sort of clue who took that loss away for at its previous report it was correct..


Hello again,
The problem is NOT your recent projects !
Elsewhere in this thread are named projects known to have implemented GDPR.
It is these projects you need to change - even if it's 10 years since you contributed to them !


We had some issues over at NumberFields several days ago related to this whole stats export consent thing. I believe these issues have all been resolved now. Could this have been what caused Cruncher Pete's lost credits?
                                                                                                                                                                                   
Jeff17
Tester - BOINCstats SOFA member
BAM!ID: 47291
Joined: 2008-03-03
Posts: 441
Credits: 9,518,160,253
World-rank: 267

2019-02-09 20:07:23

VGTU has added the consent option.
                                                                                                                                                                                   
aisong220
BAM!ID: 156019
Joined: 2013-11-21
Posts: 3
Credits: 5,553,392
World-rank: 61,806

2019-02-28 12:10:17

I ad this setting for those projects:

Einstein @ Home *
World Community Grid *
WUProp @ Home
                                                                                                                                                                                   
horst1981
Donator
BAM!ID: 197396
Joined: 2015-11-14
Posts: 4
Credits: 251,389,316
World-rank: 3,684

2019-03-01 10:40:55

Hello,I ad this setting for those projects:

Einstein@Home *
LHC@Home *
World Community Grid *
WUProp@Home
                                                                                                                                                                                   
Tuna Ertemalp
Tester
BAM!ID: 37744
Joined: 2007-10-31
Posts: 527
Credits: 9,140,287,046
World-rank: 272

2019-03-01 19:18:13

While it is great to see the enthusiasm of people to share that they are turning on this setting for the projects they are supporting...

This thread is NOT about our individual actions, but instead it is here to let everyone know of any projects which just recently started requiring that setting before they continue exporting the credit data. Let's keep it as such.

Thanks for listening
Tuna

PS: Willy, maybe you would consider writing one stand-alone page with just the latest list of the projects that require this setting along with some background info, and have the yellow link at the top point to that page, and have that page point to this thread for further detail? Given that this thread is now 3 pages long, and growing, with the list of projects scattered among posts & replies, it might not be the most efficient way of communicating this information. Thanks for your consideration...

                                                                                                                                                                                   
tokey213
BAM!ID: 50061
Joined: 2008-04-13
Posts: 1
Credits: 7,659,388
World-rank: 48,589

2019-03-02 01:12:18

I ad this setting for those projects:

World Community Grid *                                                                                                                                                                                    
JohnMD
BAM!ID: 60579
Joined: 2008-10-23
Posts: 30
Credits: 70,137,497
World-rank: 9,137

2019-03-02 16:30:33

Tuna Ertemalp wrote:

While it is great to see the enthusiasm of people to share that they are turning on this setting for the projects they are supporting...

This thread is NOT about our individual actions, but instead it is here to let everyone know of any projects which just recently started requiring that setting before they continue exporting the credit data. Let's keep it as such.

Thanks for listening
Tuna

PS: Willy, maybe you would consider writing one stand-alone page with just the latest list of the projects that require this setting along with some background info, and have the yellow link at the top point to that page, and have that page point to this thread for further detail? Given that this thread is now 3 pages long, and growing, with the list of projects scattered among posts & replies, it might not be the most efficient way of communicating this information. Thanks for your consideration...

Hi Tuna.
There is a separate page already -
https://boincstats.com/en                                                                                                                                                                                    
Tuna Ertemalp
Tester
BAM!ID: 37744
Joined: 2007-10-31
Posts: 527
Credits: 9,140,287,046
World-rank: 272

2019-03-02 16:46:01

JohnMD wrote:

Hi Tuna.
There is a separate page already -
https://boincstats.com/en


Oh, awesome!!! I never start my navigation into BOINCstats from the homepage, but have my list of bookmarks to go directly into my account/hosts/forum etc. pages instead. So, never saw that!

Then, if the yellow flashing title at the top were to point to the homepage instead of this thread, I think that'd be a better design for those like me. That blurb already has a link to this thread, so it'd be all fine.

Anyways... Up to Willy.

Tuna
                                                                                                                                                                                   
Tuna Ertemalp
Tester
BAM!ID: 37744
Joined: 2007-10-31
Posts: 527
Credits: 9,140,287,046
World-rank: 272

2019-03-02 16:50:30

Also, Willy, there seems to be something strange about those three posts in here by tokey213, horst1981 and aisong220: They each used almost the same words, with the same typos, their usernames are of the similar [letter][numbers] format, and each has ever posted only one or two posts including these. I suspect foul play...

Tuna
                                                                                                                                                                                   
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Index :: News :: 2018-12-15: BOINCstats - Statistics export consent (4179563)
Reason: